These were not intended to be Red Velvet Brownie Bites.
They were supposed to be regular brownies. Well, not really regular. They were supposed to be Red Velvet Swirl Brownies. Except, as I often do, I went and ruined it with my silliness. For some reason, I looked at the amount of brownie batter in my bowl and decided that 8oz of cream cheese would be too much for that much brownie batter and so I halved the cheesecake layer. Talk about silly!
And then I went and mis-read the pan size (I was reading too many recipes at the same time!) and ended up with really thin, flat brownies. So, I went with the flow, cut them into bite-size squares (well, they were 2 bites sized), and we enjoyed them! Easy to make, super-moist, and really delicious, this crowd-pleaser is a hit!
Red Velvet Swirl Brownies
Adapted from Food Network
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp red food coloring
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup flour
Cream Cheese Batter
8oz cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/8 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 200.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat, being careful not to burn the butter. (Unless you want burnt butter brownies. Hmmmm... something to think about...)
3. Stir in the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and vinegar, stirring well after each addition.
4. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and add to the butter mixture.
5. Add the flour, and stir lightly till combined.
6. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8x8 baking tin.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and light.
8. Drop teaspoons full of the cream cheese mixture over the top of the brownie batter.
9. Using the tip of knife or a skewer, swirl the cream cheese mixture over the top of the brownie batter until you are satisfied with the swirl pattern.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Pancakes! I look forward to sharing all the other recipes with you. 2 down, 3 to go! :) See you tomorrow!