I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking but haven't had time to post. Will post those recipes in the coming weeks.
Baked goods for breakfast seems to be becoming a favorite in our household! I've been making muffins, scones, rolls and so much more! And I am trying to keep them as healthy as possible!
This muffin recipe is so good, easy and quick to put together, and really healthy too - made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal. Fresh strawberries & white chocolate - who can deny that's a match made in heaven? And add to that a crunchy topping and you're all set. Tartness from the strawberries, explosive sweetness from the chunks of white chocolate and crunchy, toasty hazelnuts. What a way to start your day!
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins
(Makes 6 large or 8 regular sized muffins)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup yoghurt (I used low fat)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup roughly chopped strawberries
1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1/4 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/350F. Line your muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl stir together the oatmeal, flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the oil, yoghurt, sugar and egg. Whisk until completely blended.
4. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon fold gently until you can't see dry streaks anymore. Stop mixing at this point. Don't over-mix.
5. Gently stir in the chopped strawberries and white chocolate. Stir lightly until well-distributed.
6. Spoon the mixture into your lined muffin tins, filling them about 2/3 full.
7. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the chopped hazelnuts
8. Bake in the preheated oven for
15-18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched.
Serve these warm while the chocolate chunks are oozy soft and the hazelnuts are still crunchy. Add that to bursts of freshness from the strawberries, and everyone's happy!
These are a crowd pleaser, for sure! Try them and tell me what you think! :)