Before I talk any more about this cookie - have you entered my blog anniversary giveaway yet? No!? Seriously? Go do it now!
Now, let me tell you - this cookie is...
We interrupt regular programming to bring you this important announcement.
Okay, okay. Sorry about all the drama.
I am more than a little upset about this whole GFC going away thing. Not only do most of my readers get my updates via GFC, but I also subscribe to SO many of my favorite blogs via GFC. It is going to be so tiring to have to make sure that all 1023942323433 feeds in my Google Reader are functioning feeds. Okay. Maybe not THAT many, but still a lot, okay?
To do my bit, I would like to let you know how you can continue receiving updates when recipes are posted on my blog. Here are your options.
1. Subscribe to my RSS feed. You can do that by clicking HERE, or by clicking the RSS icon on the top right of my blog.
2. Subscribe for updates directly in your email inbox! You can do that by clicking HERE or entering your email address in the subscription box on the top right side of the page.
3. To follow me and receive updates via Facebook, you can 'Like' my Facebook page which can be found HERE.
Here are your options.
I hope you will take the time to do this! :) If I am following you on GFC, I promise to take the time to make sure I am receiving your updates. Or I will email you and pester you for your RSS feed. Believe me. I've done that before.
And now, back to our regular programming.
These cookies are seriously good. I loved these cookies. As I said, they look simple, but let me tell you - looks can be deceptive!
They are soft, slightly chewy, mildly sweet - until you bite into an intensely sweet white chocolate chip - and have a slightly salty, nutty kick from the roasted salted macadamia nuts in there.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, chilled
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup salted roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190.
2. Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg until fluffy.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well to combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Mix until incorporated.
5. Drop rounded spoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet, making sure you leave at least 2 inches between the cookies.
6. Bake until the edges are starting to brown, and the centers are still slightly soft, about 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and leave on the baking tray for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Toodles for now!